Thursday 31 May 2012

Can't Hug Every Otter

Remember when I used to do posts about stuff I found on the internet and wanted, no, NEEDED, to share with the world? (link here http://witandpendulum.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/internet%20junk) Well, you're in for a treat, because this post is exactly that sort of madness. I promise at least one of the below will make you glad to be alive in a country with internet access, and more than one may make you wee yourself in sheer unbridled joy.


First up - this amazing classical/rock version of Game of Thrones. It started normally and then hit new levels of awesome that made me go all wide-eyed and twitch excitedly.

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you probably already know that sometimes I find it hilarious to be an utter dick to my friends. It's one of my favourite hobbies. I have therefore included below a picture of me "Rueing" my buddy Wetsoks during one of her naps. You know, "Rueing" - that Hunger-Games-inspired art of finding a sleeping person, covering them in flowers, doing the three-fingered salute and taking a photo to capture the moment forever. This picture is dedicated to Kristin over at Taming Insanity (link here for more awesomeness http://www.taminginsanity.com/), who has not yet done this to her children and therefore obviously has much, much more self-control than I will ever possess.




It's okay to be a dick to one particular group of my friends, because we all pick on each other equally without malice and things are always done with a good natured vibe. The Cublet, for example, has a crush on actress Clemence Poesy (who appeared as Fleur in Harry Potter, and a lot of other stuff I was forced to watch at various times and have deleted from my brain), for reasons unknown and inconceivable to the rest of us, especially because in a lot of her photos Miss Poesy appears to be totally cross-eyed. This has led to the affectionate nickname 'Pontoon Poesy'. So naturally it's totally normal for me to email the entire group with links to ebay auctions of taxidermied foxes simply to point out how much said stuffed fox resembles good old CP. I must admit, I have an urge to start my own collection of taxidermied woodland creatures - partly because of the below link to the Bloggess and her post about a fabulous stuffed weasel, but also partly because I'd love to recreate scenes from various films with the inanimate cast of The Animals Of Farthing Wood.

http://thebloggess.com/2012/02/her-name-is-juanita-juanita-weasel-unless-you-can-think-of-something-better/

And finally, to top it all off, a woman who is incredibly sad about the idea of her not being able to hug every cat in the world, ever.



2 comments:

  1. I do not have more self control than you. I just don't have flowers. And refuse to garden.

    PS Thanks for this. I'm forever in your debt. Or the odds are nor forever in your favor. Something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the odds forever in my debt? I could definitely think of some awesome things to do with extra odds.

    Also, I totally bought these cheap flowers and threw them around with my hands in the air like I just didn't care. Which I didn't. It wasn't my floor, after all.

    ReplyDelete